Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lisa Hanson ~ Live blog 8.17 10:19 a.m.

When I thought about customer service nothing came to mind, but the one thing I’ve learned over the years is how to communicate. Communication comes in many forms, and sometimes I feel we’ve lost that with all the forms and attachments required to do our jobs. There seems to be very little either phone or face to face communication. When I started in CS I worked directly with the DC, Inventory, Demand planning, Sales and even sales managers to get the job done. Even though we had to go to campus, it forced you outside of your comfort zone where getting your point across was imperative. That was where I learned to clearly and concisely communicate my needs. CSR’s were required to attend different meetings where our audience was the GMM down to the area manager. My hopes for the future are to get back to a semi form of real communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment